2.2. Installation from setup¶
Currently, there are both a 32bit and a 64bit setup version of itom available (Windows only). For linux users there is no pre-compiled package available. The use of the setup version is recommended for users that mainly want to work with itom without developing new algorithms or plugins. The setup can be downloaded from https://bitbucket.org/itom/itom/downloads. The setup intalls the core application, a number of useful hardware plugins and the designer plugins which provide plotting functionalities to itom.
For your convenience you can download an installer package for Microsoft Windows from <https://bitbucket.org/itom/itom/downloads>. There are several different types of setups available:
- Windows, 32bit, itom, Python (sub directory of itom, optional) + Packages: numpy, scipy, matplotlib, PIL (optional)
- Windows, 64bit, itom, Python (sub directory of itom, optional) + Packages: numpy, scipy, matplotlib, PIL (optional)
These setups contains some plugins and designer-plugins.
In the course of the installation, the following third-party componenents will be installed along with itom:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2016 Runtime Libraries (x86 or x64)
- Python 3.5.2 (optional, as sub directory of itom)
- Python package NumPy 1.11.1(optional)
- Python package SciPy 0.18.0 (optional)
- Python package MatPlotLib 1.5.2 (optional)
- Python package SciKit Image 0.12.3 (optional)
- Python package Frosted 1.4.1 (optional)
In the following we will guide you through the installation setup with a couple of screenshots:
Depending on your selected components, any python packages are now installed:
Finally, the entire setup is finished:
This is itom!